Our friends at the new Mill Hill Directory website have put together an excellent directory of local arts, history and sport. We recommend that you check it out. Here are their selection of local sports clubs and facilities from their list.
1. Mill Hill Rugby Club - Our local Rugby club
2. Mill Hill Village Cricket Club - Our Local Cricket club
3. Mill Hill Village Football Club - Our local Football Club
4. Mill Hill Bowling Club - Our local Bowls Club
5. St Kiernans GFC - Our local Gaelic Football Club
6. Barnet Copthall Swimming Club -Our local Elite Swimming Club
7. Powerleague Mill Hill - Local Five a Side football pitches
8. Barnet Shaftesbury Harriers - Elite Athletic club
9. New Stars Lacrosse - Lacrosse club
10. Boxr Gym - Boxing and Fitness trainingSadly there is one local sports club that is under threat. This is not because it isn't well loved or well used, it is because the council has decided to rebuild the site without a diving pool, which threatens to end up to 50 different activities on the Copthall site. Please click through and sign this petition. I know all about the great work they do. My daughter was a member of the diving club and I saw the great work that the coaches and staff do. We need such facilities, it keeps our young people happy and healthy.
Sign the petition to #SaveBarnetDiving help our #divers of the future reach the #olympics https://t.co/mGMoW5Fy2l via @38_degrees— NorthLondonAquatics (@Save_Diving_Ldn) April 23, 2019
The last Xmas Tree in MillHill?
Station Road Mill Hill still looking festive. Merry Christmas @BarnetCouncil pic.twitter.com/XUN4rU9PlH— A Better Mill Hill (@ABetterMillHill) April 26, 2019
Bins not emptied in Mill Hill Park
Local JazzAre the overflowing bins due to be emptied today in Mill Hill— Mill Hill Litter Pickers (@mhlitterpickers) April 22, 2019
Park @BarnetCouncil the @mhlitterpickers went last night but there is only so much that can be done on a beautiful weekend like this, if you don’t empty the bins @BarnetTories @CouncillorsMill @golnarb @Laithe_Jajeh pic.twitter.com/qYWL9Xlp9s
Local ward consultation1 May-The Blue Note Quartet-Blue Note Records celebrate their 80th birthday this year - this quartet pays homage to the label that has become a major foundation for the music. The band includes Ed Bentley organ, Rod Young drums, Dave Lewis sax and Chris Cobbson guitar. Plz RT.— Mill Hill Jazz Club (@millhilljazz) April 27, 2019
Have your say on Barnet's political future - take part in @LGBCE's consultation now: https://t.co/s6qrSesYkm#barnet #millhill #edgware #hendon #finchley #goldersgreen #childshill #northlondon #totteridge #whetstone #cricklewood #burntoak #colindale #barnetcouncil pic.twitter.com/39VHNhvNKz— Barnet Council (@BarnetCouncil) April 28, 2019
Make a note in your diary for the annual Milldon Art Show
More details at http://milldonartsociety.org.uk/