Sunday 14 April 2019

Mill Hill Focus #53 - Feedback required on the new Mill Hill Directory

Two weeks ago we published a short interview with Richard Wilkinson, the man behind  the new Mill Hill online directory. We spoke to Richard again today. Have a look at his site and then read on! He wants some feedback from people in Mill Hill.

https://millhillbroadway.org/

Richard told the team "The response has been quiet phenominal. I really didn't expect too much interest, but the emails I've sent have been really positive. I had expected a couple of hits a day, but thanks to kind people mentioning the site on social media, we've been seeing hundreds every day. Not surprisingly the home page is the most popular. I was surprised that the next most popular is the local history, then the business/services directory. I thought the eating out directory would be most popular, but I guess most Mill Hillians already know the restaurants in the town centre. I'm not really a social media person, so I was pleasantly surprised. I have had a couple of enquiries from people wanting to advertise but this is not really what I'm trying to do. I just want a handy web page which has all the info on it, without lots of personal opinions or views. Apart from the cost of the website registration, I just do it in my spare time when I'm bored, so I feel it would be a bit cheeky to take peoples money. I only look at the mails etc once or twice a week, when I am sitting down to do something on the site. I'd like more on the local history and a photo gallery, but that is to come in the future. Please drop me an email if you have any feedback or want something listed. Sorry if it takes a while to get back to you or add in your changes".

So if you have a suggestion for Richard, please let him know (but don't expect a speedy response).

Other news.









No comments:

Post a Comment